Every year around April I have to help with crafting some treat bags for the annual school event. This year we had to make brown paper bags look pretty so that they could be filled with sweet things to sell at the fair. I took stock of my crafting supplies and really wanted to use these red pipe cleaners so decided to make spider treat bags because toddlers + insects = winner!
How to make the spider treat bags
What you will need
- Black paper
- Cotton pads
- A black marker
- Brown paper bags
- Star stickers
- Glue stick
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- A ruler
How to assemble
- Cut some circles out of the black paper. I used a wine glass to mark the circles.
- Cut each pipe cleaner in half then bend them to look like spider legs. Place the pipe cleaners in the top left corner and secure with a strip of tape.
- Glue a cotton pad over the pipe cleaner and then glue the black paper circle over the cotton pad to make the spiders body nice and squishy. Secure with tape around the perimeter of the circle.
- Place and glue some googly eyes – use as many eyes as you want.
- Using a ruler and black marker, draw a spider web as illustrated on the pictures. I drew my lines and let the kids help with the web as it was really just following the lines with a pattern.
- Decorate with any stickers you want. I used stars because it’s all I had available at 1AM in the morning!
Once you’ve filled your spider treat bags with sweets I’m sure it would be a very nice party favor, Halloween gift or as in our case, something cute for the school to sell at their market!