The very last thing you feel like doing on a national holiday is slaving infront of a stove. After the lazy day we enjoyed, I felt like making a simple meal for the family. I remembered this cheesy one pot taco recipe I shared a few days ago on my Facebook page and inspiration struck!
The one pot taco required very little effort giving me the opportunity to enlist my eager daughter’s help in the kitchen. Between the two of us, we whipped this meal up in under 20 minutes and had it on the table very quickly for the whole family to enjoy!
Here’s a video that shows you how to make the Cheesy One Pot Taco
A cheesy meal idea for a cold Winter’s night….
1kg lean mince
Seasoning (I used some barbeque spice and Robertson’s herbs)
2 cups water
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can tomato puree
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cups uncooked pasta
1. Brown mince in a large pan over medium/ high heat. Drain fat and return to stove.
2. Add seasoning, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce and corn. Bring to a boil.
3. Add uncooked pasta and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10-15
minutes (until pasta is cooked through). Stir occasionally.
4. Remove from heat. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover.
5. Serve once cheese is melted!
The original recipe can be found on buzzfeed.